A position as professor/associate professor in personality psychology is vacant at the Department of Psychology. The position will be connected to the research group that has the best fit with the scientific profile of the successful candidate.
We are searching for a scholar in psychology who wants to carry out research and teaching within personality psychology and individual differences. We are looking for a person who wants to participate in the development of both our research strategies and teaching programs within his/her field of expertise. Teaching responsibilities will follow the relevant curriculum with specific obligation for covering the field of personality psychology and individual differences. Supervision of bachelor/master students, clinical psychology students and PhD students in his/her discipline should also be expected, as well as teaching relevant methodology, and other related fields. All academic positions have administrative tasks and joint responsibilities for academic matters together with other academic staff at the Department.
- University education within psychology and scientific competence in personality psychology at PhD level or higher is required. Competence within research methods in psychology is required, in particular within quantitative methods and the measurement of individual differences.
- Competence within trait psychology, test psychology and behavioural genetics will be given particular weight.
- Experience in applied personality psychology, testing and interviewing in both population-based and clinical settings is considered an advantage.
- The applicant should be fluent in English. Non-Scandinavian speakers must be willing to learn Norwegian within 2 years.
- The applicant must have acquired basic skills in planning, conducting, evaluating and developing teaching and guidance. All applicants must document their teaching competence.
For professor positions UiT also require:
- Quality improvement in own teaching and supervision over time.
- Extensive experience with supervision preferably at the master / PhD level.
- Participation in the development of educational quality in professional communities.
The following will be attached special importance:
- Good teamwork skills.
- Solution and result orientation.
- Ability to work structured.
- Motivation to contribute to a good working environment.
In the assessment of the best qualified applicant, educational background, experience (both teaching and research) and personal suitability will be emphasized as well as motivation for the position.
- Interesting work tasks.
- Active research groups.
- Good career opportunities.
- A strong academic environment with dedicated colleagues.
- Varied opportunities to teach and work with students.
- A large degree of independence in work.
- Flexible working hours and a state collective agreement.
- Pension scheme through the state pension fund.
- The remuneration for Professor is in accordance with the State salary scale code 1013. The remuneration for Associate Professor is in accordance with the State salary scale code 1011.
- A compulsory contribution of 2 % to the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund will be deducted.
- For academic questions: Professor Martin Eisemann, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, phone: 77 64 62 79.
- For administrative and general questions: Head of department Ingunn Skre, e-mail: email@example.com, phone: 77 64 54 46.
- Head of office Trine D. Krane, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, phone: 77 64 59 49.
Deadline: 30th April 2020.
Employer: UiT The Arctic University of Norway.