There is a vacancy for a postdoctoral research fellow at the Department of Psychosocial Science, Faculty of Psychology in Bergen, affiliated with the project «Risk factors for gambling problems».
Click here for complete job advertisement.
About the position of postdoctoral research fellow
The position of postdoctoral research fellow is a fixed-term appointment with the primary objective of qualifying the appointee for work in top academic positions. The fixed-term period for this position is three years. Individuals may not be hired for more than one fixed-term period as a postdoctoral research fellow at the same institution.
Upon appointment, applicants must submit a project proposal for the qualifying work including a work schedule. For postdoctoral research fellow positions associated with externally financed projects, the completion of the project proposal for the qualifying work will take place in consultation with the project/centre manager. It is a requirement that the project is completed in the course of the period of employment
About the project/work tasks
- Seeking approval from various agencies regarding use and linkage of data.
- Ordering data sets from relevant actors.
- Facilitating and perform data analyses.
- Authoring and co-authoring scientific articles from the project.
- Take active part in the Addiction Research Group.
Qualifications and personal qualities
- PhD degree or an equivalent degree in psychology/behavior linked to the addiction field prior to the application deadline.
- Experience from working with register-based data is an advantage.
- Good statistical proficiency and knowledge of addiction is an advantage.
- Work independently and in a structured manner, and have the ability to cooperate with others.
- Proficiency in both written and oral English.
We can offer
- Exciting development opportunities as part of your role in a strong professional environment.
- Salary: NOK 514 800 before taxes. Further promotions are made according to length of service. For particularly highly qualified applicants, a higher salary may be considered.
- Enrolment in the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund.
- Good welfare benefits.
Professor Ståle Pallesen.
Application deadline: 29 July 2019.